Wednesday, August 19, 2015

I returned.Veal meatballs with cherry tomato sauce

I returned.
After three and a half years without writing here, without sharing my recipes and discoveries, I decided to come back, a lot has happened by the way, some good and some bad things.
But something brought me back here and gave me this sudden desire to return, write and share my recipes.
I'll start by sharing a recipe that arose from research in which I find myself, research to change the menu  of the place I call home (Primeiro Andar- lisbon), I changed the menu every 4 months and right now I find myself leaning in that process.
The seasons change and with them the ingredients and thus makes sense to cook with the best that each season gives us, that is synonymous of freshness and quality accordingly.
I am apologist that if the ingredients have quality is certain that the end result pleases everyone.
We also have to adjust what our body asks us, for example in the summer more salads and fruits in winter stews and casseroles more what I call comfort food.
Get to the point, the recipe:

Veal meatballs with cherry tomato sauce






- 400g minced veal meat (a good quality meat and poked at home)
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mustard 
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste 
- Chopped nuts (I used pine nuts and pistachio) some 3 tablespoons
- Chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all the ingredients and make small balls. Fry a little in a skillet with a little olive oil so they get golden and keep their shape. Bake for half an hour in the oven with the tomato sauce.

Cherry tomato sauce

- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika  (I used one I bought last week in Tavira market)
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper 
- 1 can of tomatoes peeled diced
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 150g tomato paste
- 2 thyme sprigs of the garden
- Salt and pepper to taste

Put cherry tomatoes to bake in the oven for 20 minutes with only 1 thread of olive oil.
Sauté the onion and garlic in  olive oil . Add the paprika and cayenne pepper, sauté a little more.
Add the can of tomatoes, the tomato paste, thyme and cook for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper and add the roasted tomato.

Place on a platter the meatballs, the sauce on top and sprinkle with mozzarella , parmesan and basil from the garden.

Bom apetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment